Latitude. 11° 35' 51.94" N
longitude. 75° 34' 53.11" E
This is an ancient port. No port operations are going on here. It is seen that a pier construction had been abandoned in its midway. Badagara, also known as Vadakara, is a trade centre for pepper, copra, timber and other products such as cement pottery. The Badagara Port is situated on the Malabar coast on the northern extremity of the Elathur-Badagara backwater, in the district of Kozhikode. The railway line and national highway are within 1km from this port. Badagara was made the chief export station on the coast after it was taken over by the Mysoreans from the Kadathanad Raja. Later in 1790 it was taken over from Tippu Sulthan by the British and restored to the Kadathanad Raja. The port continued to be a centre of hectic trading till the 1st half of the twentieth century . Badagara had export and import trade with many of the European ports especially ports in Germany.
There is a natural harbour at the estuary of the Moorad river called Sand Banks. This harbour is a beautiful location having very good tourism potential. Opposite to the harbour there is a large rock called “Sacrifice Rock” in the sea,four and a half miles from the land. It has a white aspect 40 feet in height. It is also locally called the “ Velliyamkallu” meaning white silvery stone. The rock is steep around, the deapth being 22-25 metres close to it.